I'm very grateful that ARCADIA has been included on a number of "Best of" lists for 2012. My thanks go to:
November 27, 2012
- The New York Times for naming the book as one of 2012's Notable Books.
- Also, Janet Maslin of The New York Times for naming it to her list of ten favorite books of 2012.
- The Washington Post for naming it one of the Ten Best Books of the year. (A special thanks to Ron Charles).
- The Globe and Mail for naming ARCADIA one of their 29 picks for best International Fiction this year. (A special thanks to Juliet Sutcliffe).
- Kirkus Reviews for naming it to the top 25 books of fiction for 2012.
- BookPage for naming it to the top 50 books of 2012.
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch for naming ARCADIA one of their favorite 50 books of 2012.
- Christian Science Monitor for naming it to the top ten fiction books of the year. (In the #1 spot! Though I'm not sure if that's chance or design).
- Vogue for naming it to their top ten books of the year. (A special thanks to Megan O'Grady).
- NPR for naming it one of the top ten book club books of 2012. (A special thanks to Lynn Neary).
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer for naming it to their list of Best Fiction of 2012. (A special thanks to Karen R. Long).
- The Columbus Dispatch for naming ARCADIA to their top books of 2012. (A special thanks to Margaret Quamme)
- Salon for naming it to the top ten books for the year. (A special thanks to David Gutowski, Ron Charles and Michele Filgate for putting it on their lists, and thank you to Laura Miller for mentioning it in the q&a).
- Largehearted Boy (aka David Gutowski), for listing it as one of his favorite books of the year.
- The lovely Book Maven (Bethanne Patrick) for saying it was one of her favorites of the year.
- And, of course, my wonderful friend and mentor, Jesse Lee Kercheval, for naming it to her "Just Read It" list for the Wisconsin State Journal (I just discovered this, belatedly!).